TOMSK VAKHRUSHEV ELECTROMECHANICAL PLANT
  ENGLISH | RUSSIAN



 About us
 
  • History of the plant
  •  
  • Contact us
  •  
  • Articles
  •  
  • Trade marks
  •  News
     Certification
     Catalogue
     Products description
     FAQ
     Contact us
     Representatives






    Home > About us > History of the plant
    The history of the plant dates back to the year 1920 when the National Economic Council of Tomsk province decided to transform the workshops of Tomsk Technological (Polytechnic, at present) Institute into the First Tomsk machine-building plant Mashinostroy of the National Economic Council.

    In 1927 when Tomsk became a member of Novosibirsk territory the plant was turned over to Novosibirsk trust of metal specialties and named Metallist. The range of products produced included scales, road-rollers, oil tanks, log haulers and drilling machines.

    The plant Metallist was turned over to Vostokugol by the resolution of CPSU (B) Central Committee of 17 July, 1931. Since this date the plant history started as the producer of mining equipment. The plant was provided with considerable appropriation (at that time) for the renovation purposes in the amount of more than 2.5 mln roubles that made it possible to construct foundry, toolroom, forge, maintenance, pattern, and assembly shops, and build a garage and storehouse.

    For the first time 77 electric drills Ж1 were manufactured for the mines of Kuzbass in 1933. In 1940 1941 the production of electric drills amounted to one thousand pieces. According to the requirements of miners the initial drill design Siemens-Schuckert was modernized and the drill became lighter, faster in operation and more powerful.

    In 1933 the manufacture of electric pick-hammers -3 was established at the plant. The hammer design was developed by K.N. Shmargunov, the director of Tomsk Industrial Institute. By 1941 the annual production volume of electric pick hammers had amounted to 1553 pieces that was a great achievement at that time.In 1939 the plant was passed on to Glavgormash and renamed Tomsk electromechanical plant.

    During the Great Patriotic War period the plant took over three evacuated enterprises: Leningrad plant Pnevmatika, Konotop plant Krasny metallist and Kharkov plant of mine-surveyor tools. The orders of workshops included the manufacture of munition products. Since 1942 when K.I. Lavrentiev became a new director, the plant began to master the production of mining machines which were earlier manufactured in Leningrad and Konotop. The plant laid a railway branch, built an electric power station and water-pumping unit. During the war years 1,117,000 pieces of pneumatic tooling and more than 60,000 pieces of various-application electric machinery were manufactured.

    In 1947 by the decision of the USSR Council of Ministers the plant was named after V.V. Vakhrushev, minister of the coal industry of the USSR. In 1949 the plant got into production and mastered the manufacture of local ventilation mine fans, known for having made a radical change in rate of advance. This was highly appreciated by the state in 1951. Some of the plant workers became Stalin Prize Winners: K.I. Lavrentiev director, E.N. Zikeev chief engineer, P.M. Emelianov chief designer, P.A. Shkola chief technologist, A.P. Grishin leading designer.

    In April 1956 the plant held the conference on raising the technical level of mining machinery that determined the plant development strategy for many years ahead. With hydromining put into effect, the plant mastered the manufacture of products equipped with hydraulic drive: fans, luminaries, motors, drills, etc. In 1960s the range of manufactured products was almost completely renewed. More powerful and safe fans, hammers and drills took over from previous models. They became lighter and more reliable.

    In 1980 the plant celebrated the sixtieth anniversary having experienced another birth. The carried out renovation made it possible to expand production on a substantial scale as well as to change abruptly and increase its technological level, and to launch the production of more advanced machines.

    The machining process began to apply highly efficient home-made and foreign equipment, numerically controlled machines, machining centers and through-passage sets for thermal treatment. The use of CAD/CAM, Simatron, Adem and other systems was a success in working out designs, technologies and programmes for machine tools. In 1993 the enterprise was reorganized into a joint-stock company: 38% of shares was transferred to the state property, 51% - to the plants and outside stockholders, 11% - was transferred to the Russian fund of property for sale.

    After the promulgation of the law of joint-stock companies in 1996 the stockholders annually elect the Committee of Directors. A one-man executive office Director General controls all the current operations of the enterprise.



    Print version



    :

    ,

    ,

    ,

    ,

    ,

    LENIN AV. 28, TOMSK, 634050, RUSSIA, TEL. (3822) 42-08-56

        
    Media.Com©